Saturday 22 February 2014

Trauma, Assault, the Darkest Road

If I were to write the story of my life - 41 years and counting - I've been advised that nobody would buy it to publish simply because nobody would believe a single person could encounter so much heartache and loss in such a short space of time.



A brief summary of the major stuff would be my favourite aunt dying in a house fire, my brother killed in a road accident before his 10th birthday, both my mum's parents dying young (ish) of cancer, my dad beating one type of cancer, then dying of a totally unrelated cancer a few years later, both his parents dying of age-related heart issues in the form of ruptured vessels, assorted major injuries to myself including torn cartiliedge in my sternum, ribs and knees; back injuries and required surgery on my knees to keep walking. My wife is seriously ill with an incurable illness that will eventually probably be what kills her barring a miracle of healing, and my mum has just been diagnosed with cancer.

And in between times there have been more funerals than I can count and other more minor issues which have affected me profoundly. It's been relentless. For 40 years.

The video I'm attaching here was sent to me by my mother-in-law this morning to encourage me, but I wanted to share it. I don't know who the speaker is, but I'd love to, so please PLEASE comment and tell me. I'd love to add a link to him if all his stuff is this profound.

Please watch to the end, and whatever you're going through remember you - like me - have a "But God" moment coming.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Whilst comments are not moderated before publication, any offensive or abusive comments will be removed.