Wednesday 2 January 2013

Choose Today to Live

Don Francisco's Facebook Status today came as a reminder to me - quite a stark one - that our outcome is our choice.
 
God told the Children of Israel to choose life or death " I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live" (Deuteronomy 30:19).

Joshua invites the people to choose which god they will serve " “Now therefore, fear the Lord, serve Him in sincerity and in truth, and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the River and in Egypt. Serve the Lord! And if it seems evil to you to serve the Lord, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.” (Joshua 24: 14-15).

Jesus invites us to choose him and life. "Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me. To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne." (Revelation 3:20-21)

Choice is key in God's Kingdom. God never wanted to be a dictator - not even a benevolent one. He longs for us to come to Him as children, because He loves us, not forces us.


Jesus chose to save us.  He chose the nails. He chose the Cross. He decided to give up Heaven and die on a Cross for us so we could have a relationship with the Father through His sacrifice.





We need to choose for 2013, and every day in it and beyond, to give ourselves over to God. If we do, He will establish His Covenant in our lives. Bad events may still happen to us - probably will in fact. Possibly more.


So choose.

Choose Life in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whilst comments are not moderated before publication, any offensive or abusive comments will be removed.