Thursday 7 February 2013

What If...?

In the office next to mine they have a poster up that says "What would you do if you knew you could not fail?"

I've seen it every day, more or less, for the last 18 months. Today a deeper question struck me as I was walking through the office.

I started asking myself "What if I took Jesus' Words literally?"

What if I did? How would it change my way of living in this world?

The more I think about it, the more I realise how little I actually grasp of what Jesus said, and what the promises of God for our lives actually mean. Health, prosperity, the entire life of eternity in our hearts right now.

Imagine for a moment fulfilling the promises of God. Doing what Jesus did. Speaking His words. Thinking His thoughts. Living His life for us.

What if the Bible is true? What if chasing the trappings of this world is a distraction? What if the promotion, the car and the house are not permanent?

What if the only thing you can count on is this one book of stories written over thousands of years?

 I'm a Christian, anyone reading this blog can hardly not see that from my topics and writing (I hope)

What if I'm right? What if this world isn't all there is? What if Allah is a false god? Or Shiva? Or Buddah?

What if Jesus is the only way to God?

What do you lose by believing in Christ and accepting His Love?

Think for a moment: What do you lose if I'm right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whilst comments are not moderated before publication, any offensive or abusive comments will be removed.